Parish and Community Resources
Below is a list of online worship resources, volunteer opportunities, aid resources and more. We will update the list as we receive more information
Online Worship Resources
Mass Online, Daily Reflections and other Spiritual Resources:
At our Parish
Mass Online, Daily Reflections and other Spiritual Resources:
At our Parish
- Sunday Mass at ICC - English at 9:30 am on our YouTube Channel
- Daily Reflection of the Gospel by our Friars Live on Facebook, Monday through Saturday at 9:30 am (you may also access a recording on our YouTube channel)
- Vespers with the Friars Live on Facebook, Monday thru Friday at 5:30 pm (you may also access a recording on our YouTube channel)
- Exposition and Benediction, 1st Monday of the Month starting at 6:30 pm (Benediction at 8:45 pm) live on our YouTube channel
- IC Durham You Tube Channel - Archival Access to our online Masses, Daily Reflections, Vespers with the Friars, Bilingual Stations of the Cross and much more - Make sure to subscribe to our channel to receive notifications of new videos.
- Reconciliation by appointment only. Please contact the Friars to set up an appointment.
Time & Talent
- Meals for the Hungry - We will continue to prepare and bring food to Urban Ministries on the 3rd Saturday of the month. We have made some changes to our procedures to ensure everyones safety. Please drop the food off by 4:30 at the latest (this is a change) so we can package the meals before we go to Urban Ministries. You may sign up to volunteer here.
- Food Pantry Collections - Margie Burton is collecting food in the parking lot of the parish office on Mondays from 10 to 11 am. She is taking the collections to the Catholic Charities Durham Community Food Pantry. Catholic Charities Durham Community Food Pantry is collecting food on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am to 1 pm and dispensing food on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 am to 1 pm. They still are in need of volunteers. To help, contact the Catholic Charities volunteer coordinator, Moira Roberts, at DCFPvolcoord@ccharitiesdor.org Parktown Food Hub at Parkwood United Methodist Church still is collecting food and can use volunteers as well as donations.
- Migrant Hygiene Kits - We will collect the bags in the gathering space for several weeks once the parish reopens.
- Catholic Charities, please visit their website to view their service updates.
- The Durham Public Schools Foundation has an urgent need for volunteer drivers to deliver prepared meals to several hundred families this weekend. Sign up here to volunteer.
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina - Volunteers are needed at the Food Bank Durham Branch as elsewhere. Please register to volunteer here.
- Bull City Responds - A list of ideas and resources for what we can do to help our neighbors in Durham.
- Durham Crop Hunger Walk will be virtual this year - follow this link for more information.
- Families Moving Forward has ongoing needs as it works to keep families in its facility virus-free. Here's a link to FMF's covid wish list at Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/37YRMS5OBSV8O?ref_=wl_share
- Help Urban Ministries of Durham's distribution of to-go meals. You can visit and purchase from UMD's Amazon Wish List for COVID-19 preparations. Please click on the link to purchase some of these critical supplies. Items will be shipped directly to UMD, and all gifts are tax-deductible. Several items that needed but limited in supply on Amazon include non-contact digital infrared thermometers, bottled water, Clorox bleach, spray disinfectant and hand sanitizer.
- St. Joseph Episcopal Church homeless breakfast and street ministry serves breakfast Monday, Wednesday and Friday to about 15 to 18 unhoused Durham neighbors and gives them bag lunches to take. To provide sandwiches, peanut butter, crackers, tuna pouch/pop off can tuna, vienna sausages, applesauce or fruit cup, cereal bowl, milk, cookies or granola bars, bottle water, juice boxes, and utensils contact Tony Johnson (IC parishioner) email@example.com to schedule a drop-off time.
- Feed The Fight Durham NC is following a national model with the goal is to support local restaurants and to support and bolster morale for our local health care workers during this difficult time. https://www.feedthefightdurham.org/
- Special fund at IC. This fund will assist those in the community who are financially and physically burdened and under-resourced by COVID-19 and the impact of the necessary disruptions to work and daily life. If you wish to give to this fund you may do so here.
- How do I give when there is no Mass?
- Immigrant Solidarity Fund
- Day One Disaster Relief Fund
- Immaculata Catholic School Tuition Assistance Fund
- Changes to the tax laws regarding donations to charities https://www.1040.com/blog/2020/4/3/covid-19-relief-strategy-cares-act-allows-300-above-the-line-charitable-donation-deduction/
For those seeking Assistance
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina - Food Finder
- Ninth Street Bakery is offering free food for those who are food insecure (Pay-what-you-can is appreciated where possible.)
- Immigrant Solidarity Fund (Church World Service)
- Requesting Assistance for loss of income
- Welcome Baby is distributing free infant diapers curbside on Fridays, and hygiene supplies for families with children ages 0-5. Please contact (919) 560-7150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment and location.
- Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) A new Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program will help NC families purchase food for children impacted by COVID-19 school closings. Get more information at https://ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/assistance/p-ebt Un nuevo programa de transferencia electrónica de beneficios por la pandemia (Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer -P-EBT), ayudará a familias a comprar alimentos para niños afectados por COVID-19 y por el cierre de escuelas. Averigüe más en: https://ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/assistance/p-ebt
- The City of Durham Eviction Diversion Program is a partnership between Legal Aid of North Carolina and the Duke Civil Justice Clinic to provide legal representation to low-wealth and low-income residents and families who are facing eviction. Every year, we help keep hundreds of families, who would otherwise be threatened with homeless, in their homes.
Our attorneys have successfully assisted people in the small claims and district court process, filing appeal paperwork, and navigating the landlord-tenant relationship. Please contact us as soon as you receive a notice of lease termination or court papers for an eviction. The sooner you contact us, the more likely we’ll be able to help keep you in your home.
To apply for legal assistance with eviction, please contact Legal Aid of North Carolina (866-219-52-62) or, locally, Robbie Breitweiser at Legal Aid of North Carolina (919-688-6396 ext. 4540). Our telephone numbers sometimes appear as blocked or unlisted. Please be sure to pick up your phone so that we can assist you.”
- El Futuro: Accepting New Patients and New Referrals / Acceptando Nuevos Pacientes y Nuevas Referencias El Futuro is a nonprofit outpatient clinic that provides comprehensive mental health services for Latino families in a bilingual environment of healing and hope. / El Futuro es una clínica de consulta externa sin fines de lucro que ofrece servicios integrales bilingües para la salud mental a familias latinas en un ambiente de curación y esperanza. https://elfuturo-nc.org/
- Durham's Universal Pre-K is now accepting applications online for the 2020-21 school year! You can access the online application at www.durhamprek.org/families/enrollment. The application takes 20-30 minutes to complete through Survey Monkey. Answers cannot be saved, so please be sure to begin the application when you have time to complete it. Families can still schedule a virtual application appointment by calling 1-833-773-5338. Please leave a message and a counselor will call you to set up an appointment. The application will be available in Spanish soon. Durham's Universal Pre-K está aceptando solicitudes en línea para el año escolar 2020-21! Puede acceder a la solicitud en línea en https://durhamprek.org/es/families/enrollment/. La aplicación tarda 20-30 minutos en completarse a través de Survey Monkey. Las respuestas no se pueden guardar, así que asegúrese de comenzar la aplicación cuando tenga tiempo de completarla. Las familias aún pueden programar una aplicación virtual cita llamando al 1-833-773-5338. Por favor, deje un mensaje y un consejero lo llamará para programar una cita. La aplicación estará disponible en español pronto
- Child Care for Essential Workers / Cuidado de Niños para Trabajadores Esenciales There's a hotline to help essential workers find child care. Parents & caregivers can call 888-600-1685 from 8 am - 5 pm, M-F, to find child care programs that meet new health, safety and operational guidelines for infants through age 12. Hay una línea directa para ayudar a los trabajadores esenciales a encontrar cuidado infantil. Padres y cuidadores pueden llamar al 888-600-1685 de 8 am a 5 pm, de lunes a viernes, para encontrar programas de cuidado infantil.
- Accepting Job Applications for Police Academy / Aceptando Solicitudes para la Academia de Policía Although Recruiting Open Houses and in-person recruitment activities are suspended due to COVID-19, the Durham Police Department (DPD) Recruiting Unit is accepting applications for police officer positions. Email a DPD Recruiter below to receive an applicant packet, and ask any questions you have about the process. If you’re inspired to serve your community, now is the time. Rise to the Challenge with the Durham Police Department. Visit the Recruiting Unit online at https://recruitment.durhampolicerecruiting.com Aunque los días de puertas abiertas de la Unidad de Reclutamiento y actividades de reclutamiento en persona están suspendidas por el CoVid19, la Unidad de Reclutamiento del Departamento de Policía está aceptando solicitudes de empleo para posiciones de policía. Mande un correo electrónico a los siguientes reclutadores y pregunte sobre el proceso de solicitar empleo. Si está inspirado para servir a su comunidad, el tiempo es ahora. Acepte el Reto con el Departamento de Policía de Durham. Visite a la página electrónica de la Unidad de Reclutamiento a https://recruitment.durhampolicerecruiting.com/
- Durham Center for Senior Life is offering free pick-up meals for Senior Citizens. While stay-at-home orders for COVID-19 suppression are in effect, the on-site Congregate Meals program of DCSL has converted to a pick-up service of 5 frozen meals weekly on Mondays at the DCSL Main Site, 406 Rigsbee Ave. Note that recipients must be enrolled in the Congregate Meals Program, and contact DCSL on Thursday to reserve meals for pick-up on the following Monday. TO ENROLL for senior meals, contact Alicia Gant, email@example.com, 919-688-8247 x.103. Durham Center for Senior Life also has hygiene and incontinence supplies for older adults. Contact Maggie Perez at 919-688-8247 x.104.
- Center for Disease Control
- NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Durham County Public Health
- Durham Public Schools
- Durham Public Schools COVID-19 Information and Updates
- City of Durham Commmunity Engagement weekly COVID-19 Updates
- Click Here To Take The Census Five North Carolina counties have passed 50% participation in the 2020 Census- and Durham County isn’t one of them. We’re still at 45%. It really takes less than 10 minutes. Ask your neighbors and networks if they’ve taken the Census. Sometimes we all need a reminder. Why does the Census matter? Your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services. Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.¡No olvide de completar el censo de 2020! ¡Su respuesta importa! ¡Es hora de que todos seamos contados! Vea: https://youtu.be/YY88HASJLF4 Es rápido y fácil. Completar el cuestionario del Censo del 2020 toma unos 10 minutos. Es seguro, protegido y confidencial. Su información y su privacidad están protegidas. Sus respuestas ayudan a destinar miles de millones de dólares de fondos federales a las comunidades locales para escuelas, carreteras y otros servicios públicos. Los resultados del Censo del 2020 se usarán para determinar el número de escaños que tiene cada estado en el Congreso, así como su representación política a todos los niveles del gobierno. https://my2020census.gov/
- Health Insurance Need health insurance? If you lost your coverage or are trying to buy health insurance for the first time, you have options to make sure that you and your family have access to care. Find out more at http://healthcare.gov or visit https://ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/covid19/human-services/health-insurance-options Si ha perdido recientemente su seguro médico, ya no lo puede pagar, o incluso si está tratando de comprar un seguro médico por primera vez, cuenta con opciones para cerciorarse de que usted y su familia tengan acceso a atención de salud: https://files.nc.gov/ncdhhs/Health_Insurance_Options_Spanish.pdf
- FAQs for Long-Term Occupants In Hotels & Rooming Houses You may also contact City of Durham Human Relations Division by calling 919-560-4107 or via email at FairHousing@durhamnc.gov.
Other Community Resources
Updates on COVID-19 in North Carolina:
Updates on COVID-19 in North Carolina: