Care For Creation
The Environmental Stewardship Committee (“Green Team”) has a three-part mission: 1) Work to reduce the environmental footprint of the IC campus; 2) Provide learning opportunities on caring for the planet; and 3) Encourage individuals to request legislative action to protect the environment and address climate change. Contact: Kim Krzywy & Susan Concannon for more.
- Fair Trade Chocolate Event (Feb)
- Greener Lent Fast from Carbon (Mar-April)
- Earth Day Fair (April)
- Season of Creation/St. Francis Week (Sept-Oct)
- Advent Alternative Gift Fair (Dec)
- Other advocacy and educational opportunities as they arise
Watch the abbreviated video recording of the recent panel discussion at our parish
- End new expansion of fossil fuel production in line with the best available science as outlined by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and the United Nations Environment Program.
- Phase out existing production of fossil fuels in a manner that is fair and equitable, taking into account the respective dependency of countries on fossil fuels, and their capacity to transition.
- Invest in a transformational plan to ensure 100% access to renewable energy globally, support fossil fuel-dependent economies to diversify away from fossil fuels and enable people and communities across the globe to flourish through a global just transition.
Urge your Senators to Pass Ambitious Climate SolutionsPlease join Catholics across the country who are urging their senators to support $555 billion in climate solutions that lower national greenhouse gas emissions and help communities build resilience against the impacts of climate change.